top of page

Residential disabled parking was established to provide disabled city residents with convenient and accessible parking in front of their residences. Applications for disabled parking signs are available at the 18th Ward office as well as online.

You may return the disabled sign application to the 18th Ward office or mail it to the Department of Finance. When submitting an application, please include a copy of your disabled placard or plate, proof of residency, and a $70.00 check or money order made out to the City of Chicago Department of Finance.

In order to apply to have a spot blocked off in front of your house, you must first have a disabled placard or plate. Disabled placards or license plates are obtained through the Illinois Secretary of State. Click here for the placard application.



If you have questions, please call 312.744.7275.

Quick Links

Disabled Parking Sign Information

Disabled Parking Sign Application

Secretary of State – Persons with Disabilities Information

Secretary of State- Placard Application


bottom of page